Lee has secured the hotel for the upcoming East Coast Ranger Gathering to be held in Boston, Massachusetts, June 11-13, 2010. The Hotel is the Doubletree Club Boston Bayside: www.hiltonfamilyboston.com/bostonbayside. Lee has secured the unbelievable low rate of $89 per night. This is a FANTASTIC rate as this hotel sometimes charges upwards of $299 per night
The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle from to and from the airport as well as to downtown Boston. In addition, it is a short walk to the subway and just down the street from the JFK library for all you history buffs. The hotel is 2.5 miles from Downtown Boston and is located on the ocean.
The weekend will include but is not limited to the following:
- Redsox -- Phillies game at Historic Fenway Park
- Duck Tour which travels across the City, including a cruise on the Charles River
- Historic Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall
- Shopping and Dinning
- Freedom Trail
- Walking Tour in the Public Gardens, including a ride on the Swan Boats (made famous in Book Make Way for Ducklings)
- Visit to the USS Constitution, the oldest active commissioned warship in the US Navy
- Visits to The North End (Little Italy) and China Town
Airfares are still looking GREAT from the east coast and quite affordable from other areas too. It's going to be another EPIC event we hope as many Rangers (from EVERYWHERE) can attend.
Lee has 10 rooms blocked for 6/11-13; those staying over till the 14th can still get the $89 rate. There are 10 rooms blocked for Friday and Saturday night and 5 blocked for Sunday night. If it looks like we will need more I am sure the hotel will increase the amount blocked for Sunday night. Most of us flying will not be using a car but those of you driving be advised that it costs $10/ night to park your car at the hotel.
We had a great turn out in Baltimore last year and are hoping for even more this year. For further details and updates check out the JERICHO forums on the UHD and SyFy boards or you can e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.