Saturday, July 25, 2009
I just spoke with Ratkeeper who attended the Jericho Panel at Comic Con in San Diego.
Dan Shotz, Karim Zreik Matthew Federman, Robert Levin, Jonathan Steinberg and Lennie James were at the panel. The room, which holds over 400 people was ¾ full.
The Producers said the movie is very much alive and that they are looking for the right story line that they can use to finalize the sale of the movie and the comic book is key to that.
There will be 6 issues not 4 and they will be monthly starting in October 2009. The book will be a bound set of the 6 comic books. Karim and Dan spent time with Gwen and her volunteers at the Jericho booth before and after the panel. They even signed some items for fans.
There was a woman from CBS with the group who was amazed at the Jericho fans organization and marketing. Gwen placed Devils Due stickers on the back of the Jericho business cards and DDP was getting large numbers at their booth. The key to solidifying the movie will be comic book sales and our efforts to reach fans not online who want more Jericho. We will be finalizing Operation Comic Book and it will be launched next week.
Another comment made by Karim and Dan was the ratings for Jericho on the CW were very good, especially for re-runs on a Sunday night. The ratings have been noticed by the CBS executives and that is why the comic book is going forward with more episodes.
What we need are people to go to these comic conventions to hand out cards and let people know that Jericho is alive and well. We need Rangers to step forward. In addition we will be looking for ways both using money through the purchase of individual items and group bulk sales, as well as non monetary ways to reach people and get them on Board and buy some comic books.
Redsox covered most of the items better than I can on very little sleep. Everyone involved with the Jericho comic is very impressed that the fans are helping to promote the project and the CBS representative gave us a big thumbs up!
I will have business cards left over, so please contact me email@example.com or Redsox and let us know if you can get to a convention and then we will mail you some business cards.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
I'm in San Diego and for the purposes of keeping you all updated we started a Twitter account just for this convention. The account is called ComicConJericho. You can see the updates on Twitter and by Thursday evening the RSS feed will be on the www.SavingJericho.com website.
RSS Feed: Link
(Editor's note: the RSS feed at www.SavingJericho.com is now available.)
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Amazon - preorder the Jericho Comic in book form: Link
Canadian Vendor: Link
Continuing right where the Jericho Season 2 cliffhanger ended! Jake Green and Robert Hawkins are in the safe haven of Texas with the last remaining bomb from the first attack. From amidst the chaos, they're contacted by John Smith, the mastermind behind the first strike, seeking aid. As the Cheyenne army bears down on them, they must decide whether to side with their former enemy to fight a greater one...
Will ship around 1/22/10
July 21st, Jericho show times and episodes---EST
- 08:00 AM - WALLS OF JERICHO
- 09:00 AM - FEDERAL RESPONSE
- 10:00 AM - 9:02
- 11:00 AM - LONG LIVE THE MAYOR
- 12:00 PM - ROGUE RIVER
- 01:00 PM - CROSSROADS
- 02:00 PM - RED FLAG
- 03:00 PM - VOX POPULI
Aug. 27th marathon added! Thank you SyFy Channel!
From Shoshannah Stern's Twitter: For all of you that live in Los Angeles, I'm going back to the stage. Going to be Sarah in Children of a Lesser God at Deaf West. Consider yourself warned! Previews start September 6, it opens September 13, closes October 11. Tickets go on sale August 1.
From Schumi's Twitter: Clare Carey now shooting a psychological thriller Unrequited with David Keith & Twilight's Michael Welch: Link
Post-Apocalyptic Romance: What happens to a world when its keepers fail to safeguard it? Post-Apocalyptic SF Romance! SFR is a subgenre itself, but within that, there's the post-apocalyptic and environmental romance. Link
Post-Apocalyptic Cities: There are a lot of pictures like these in the web, they are offered as desktop wallpapers. Link
Post-Apocalyptic Book Club in New York: Meeting on July 23rd. Discussion on Cormac McCarthy's The Road which is an atmospheric, spare, and bleak work of literature that has exposed many new readers to the peculiar charm of the post-apocalyptic tale. Link
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
July 14, 2009
Hello fellow Rangers, I hope the summer is being kind to you all. We have put together an outline to help with the promotion of the comic book which I am asking everyone to read and send comments as this is a group effort.
Comic Con is coming up in 10 days in San Diego. We think that something is going to be announced as there are 5 writers/producers and Lennie James confirmed for the Jericho panel on July 24th. Ratkeeper will be there and will get us an update as soon as she can.
The comic book sales will be key to getting the movie green-lighted so we need to push sales as high as we can get them. I have posted the outline below.
We need several people to volunteer to attend some of the larger comic book conventions, please let us know if you can attend. Also Ratkeeper has built an information website http://www.savingjericho.com/ which is live. It will be on the business cards and flyers we will be handing out at conventions to get old and new fans to co to Jericho websites and to re-engage in the fight for the movie and another season.
Hopefully we will have good news next weekend.
Keep the Faith
Operation Comic Book:
- Promotion of comic
- We need to concentrate people on two comic forums to drive traffic up and to get buzz going about Jericho on the comic book sites.
- Two sites that come to mind are Comixtreme and Newsrama as they were suggested to us by the media person from Devils Due.
- It has been suggested that we become part of the community of these two boards and are looking for several people to volunteer to go lurk at the Boards.
- Purchasing Comic Books and Contributing in Other Ways (non use of money)
- I had an excellent suggestion that we need to provide ways for people to participate in Operation Comic Book even-though they can not contribute.
- Putting together concentrated email/post card writing to Devils Due, CBS Television and Epix.
- Soliciting ideas from other Rangers on what they want/can do without spending a lot of money.
- Asking K6, Rubber Poultry and others to design individual post cards that can be emailed, mailed to Devils Due, CBS Television and Epix.
- Purchase comic books individually.
- Purchase Comic Books as part a large group purchase at Devils Due or another Vendor, pooling our money similar to the Nuts Campaign.
- JR4OT and Jericho 4 Kids are looking to do a Comic Book for the Troops purchase similar to the DVD to the Troops they did several years ago.
- Follow-up cards to DDP when we purchase an issue-customer feedback cards
- Spread the word to New and Old Fans online and not online
- Ratkeeper has created a website that will be live prior to Comic Con in San Diego on July 24th. The website will contain information on the History of the Jericho Fan Community, links to the Major Fan Group sites, information on the movie, potential 3rd season and the most importantly what we are doing to spread the word about Jericho. [Gwen said the rough site is up and she would like information on how to fill in the timeline and ideas for a "Frequently Asked Questions" section]: http://www.savingjericho.com/
- Attend comic book conventions like Comic Con in San Diego in July 2009, and get Rangers to the major cons in 2009 in Chicago, Atlanta, new York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Toronto and London and any others people feel are warranted.. (We need volunteers to attend each)
- Ratkeeper is making up business cards with the website address on them to provide to people to give out at the various cons, Our Goal is to reach as many people as possible who may be fans but do not go online.
- We need to get new volunteers interested in helping out at conventions.
- It was suggested we get several people to write about their experiences to help people better understand about the conventions and how to prepare for them.
- Ratkeeper provide information, including the business card master to volunteers.
- East Coast Gather in Baltimore , MD , September 18-20, 2009. The Hotel is going to be the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, 7491-A New Ridge Road, Hanover, Maryland, 21076 Tel: 1-410-878-7200 and the room rates are between $89-99 a night. There is a meeting room and pool at the hotel.
- We are looking for ideas so we can plan out the trip. So far the following have been suggested: Shopping at Arundel Mills mall, Ft. McHenry, a water tour of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, and on Saturday Night the baseball game Orioles vs. Redsox. We really are looking to get the activities finalized by August 18, 2009
- Join the discussions here:
Monday, July 13, 2009
Beau's Bark - Come join our "open house" chat for most of Tuesday evening to accommodate the time zones!! This is a fun time to get together with old friends and make some new ones! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Sportsman Lodge Bar - Every Friday 9:30 pm EST/6:30 pm PST, drop by have a drink and share a story. Go to last page of the thread.
We are looking for ideas so we can plan out the trip. So far the following have been suggested: Shopping at Arundel Mills mall, Ft. McHenry , a water tour of the Baltimore Inner Harbor , on Saturday Night the baseball game Orioles vs. Redsox. We really are looking to get the activities finalized by August 18, 2009.
Join the discussions here:
Yahoo Group: Link
5:00-6:00 Devils Due: Jericho — Find out all the details about the triumphant return of CBS Television's fan favorite show Jericho! Join show star Lennie James, executive producers Dan Shotz, Karim Zreik, Jon Steinberg, show writer Robert Levine, and Devil's Due Publishing president Josh Blaylock to hear all about the new comic continuation of the Jericho storyline, Jericho—Season Three: Civil War arriving this fall from Devil's Due Publishing!
You can see the whole schedule here.
Unfortunately, Comic Con International is SOLD OUT!
Those of us going to Comic Con will update you ASAP after the panel. There will also be a write up in the July 24 JEBS edition.
Junction Entertainment's Harper's Island ends with a 2 hour showing from 9-11 on Saturday July 11th
TV Talk with Shaun O'Mac: Dan and Karim will be on to dish about the two hour finale of Harpers Island . . . If you missed the live show, you can listen here.
Harper's Island DVD comes out on September 8th: Link
Petition to Save Harper's Globe (online community): Link
From Schumi's Twitter Stream:
Cool fan web site for http://www.humantargetonline.com/ (HT executive producer/writer-Jon Steinberg - creator/writer)
Lennie James will also be at The Prisoner Panel at Comic Con: Link
A post-apocalyptic reality show on Discovery: Link
How to Make a Dark, Post-Apocalyptic City Illustration: Link
NBC's Day One Trailer: Link
Monday, July 6, 2009
Jon, thanks for agreeing to talk with us about the forthcoming Jericho comic book series. As I'm sure you know Jericho fans are eagerly awaiting the continuation of the Jericho storyline.
Sportsman Lodge Bar - Every Friday 9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST, drop by have a drink and share a story. Go to last page of the thread.
JKI is sponsoring a contest for the rangers who can't go to Comic Con. On Friday July 24th, there will be a Jericho panel to promote the new comic and it has been published that a special cast member will be attending. JKI invites you to guess which cast member(s) will be at the Jericho panel. Note: The Comic Con staff love to keep us guessing and sometimes announce one guest when they mean more than one. Please post your answers in either of the threads listed below. Deadline of July 23rd midnight Pacific time.
There will be three prizes awarded to those who come closest to guessing which cast member(s) will attend. Prize: a deck of Jericho playing cards that JKI has designed.
Let's have some summer fun and boost these Jericho YouTube episodes over the 10,000 view mark. Each view is another visible vote for Jericho !
It is also a great time of year to introduce Jericho YouTubes to others and get them as hooked on Jericho as the rest of us are....and have everyone primed for the October comic book! :)
YouTube goal: 10,000 by July 24th!!
AKA @ 9,401 views
One Man's Terrorist @ 9,437 views
One if by Land @ 9,205 views
Casius Belli @ 8,893 views
Coalition of the Willing @ 8,731 views
Thanks to Lee, John and BeeBull they have secured the Hotel for the East Coast Ranger Gathering in Baltimore, MD which will be held September 18-20, 2009. Lee spoke with the sales department today requesting a block of 10-15 rooms with a rate of $89-99.
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills
7491-A New Ridge Road
Hanover, Maryland, 21076
Arundel Mills is all new area and has largest mall in Md. Nice area; also BWI hotels and very close to BWI and Baltimore. We are also looking to go to visit Ft. McHenry, where the Star Spangled Banner was penned, the Baltimore Inner Harbor and on Saturday Night we are planning to attend the Baltimore Orioles vs. the Boston Redsox game at Camden yards.
We need people to post to these thread as I will be ordering the game tickets in advance. Baltimore is like Fenway Park South, Redsox Fans swarm to Camden Yards to watch the games so the tickets will go fast.
This promises to be a great time. So who is In?
You can join the discussion and post how many game tickets you will need in either of these two places:
From KrzyKitty: Check out the video with Chris Kramer (Chavez) on this site (click the three in one film reel).
The US Attorney pilot that had Lennie James (Robert Hawkins) is now a TV movie that will premier on September 10th. Michael Gaston (Gray Anderson) is also in this movie.
From Analucia: Clayne Crawford (Mitchell Cafferty)
First up is a behind-the-scenes clip from the TNT show Leverage. Clayne was a guest star in the episode "The First David Job"; the youtube clip is titled "Anatomy of a Fight". I know, shocking to think that Mitchell is still getting into fights, right? It's an interesting look at Clayne and series star Christian Kane practicing their fight scene.
Clayne is also starring in a movie called "The Forlorn" based on the events of The Donner Party, that is supposed to be released this fall. Here's a look at the trailer.
Also, Clayne will be joining the cast of 24 next season.
HUMAN TARGET (Jon Steinberg) trailer.
From Schumi07jericho's Twitter feed: The trailer for Bob Stephenson's (Jimmy Taylor) new show "The Forgotten" looks pretty good. Premieres 09/22/09 on ABC.
From Schumi07Jericho's Twitter feed: Alicia Coppola's (Mimi Clark) new project? Listed as unconfirmed in "The Patient". George Newbern (Tomarchio) & Bob Stephenson (Jimmy Taylor) also cast. [Editor: This is a short film, 21 minutes, directed by Alicia's brother Matthew Coppola]
Open casting call for a post-apocalyptic TV pilot in Austin , Texas :
Chris Pine in the post-apocalyptic movie "Carriers".
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
I was chatting with Jon the other day and asked if he'd be interested in doing an interview about the comic book. He said he'd absolutely be willing.
I told him I'd keep it short, so I'm going to try to limit it to 4 or 5 questions. I thought this would be a great opportunity for the faithful fans still plugging away, so I wanted to open it up for suggestions.
I'll select a few questions submitted at UHD or from this list. Deadline is Thursday 3:00 eastern.
What do you want to know? Fire away!
Jason "Rubberpoultry" Moore
You can also e-mail your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org who will forward them to Rubberpoultry.
On Friday July 24th, there will be a Jericho panel to promote the new comic and it has been published that a special cast member will be attending. JKI invites you to guess which cast member(s) will be attending the Jericho panel. Note: The Comic Con staff love to keep us guessing and sometimes announce one guest when they mean more than one.
Please post your answers at the threads at JKI or UHD.
If you don't post at either of those forums, then you can e-mail your answer to email@example.com. Deadline of July 23rd midnight Pacific time.
There will be three prizes awarded to those who come closest to guessing which cast member(s) will attend. Prize - a deck of Jericho playing cards that JKI has designed.